Skip to main content

STATS AND VIDEOS

Well this post is basically what the title says, going around the blogosphere I've seen these really cool infographics and thought why not try them out for my blog, I quite like the idea of maybe doing a monthly review next year but I am interested in what you guys think. So here's my stats I wasn't sure how to get yearly stats using blogger, so as I'd never done this before I decided to look at my stats since I started my blog in May 2010. 

I have also got around to uploading my jumping Videos on to youtube from my jumping lesson not last saturday but the saturday before that it may have taken a while but I have got there in the end, so feel free to let me know what you guys think. They are all quite short clips but they show what we have been working on recently this also accomplishes one of my goals that I set on my blog post called 'The List Part Two' 

Above you can see Gatsby and I doing some outline work, this is the first time that we have ever worked on trotting in an outline over poles, we normally 'forget' or ignore the outline work when we start jumping but we are now starting to do the outline work in my jumping lessons as well. 


Again this is looking at going in the outline over the trot poles, this is not as good as the first example as when we come to the goals Gatsby starts wanting to lift his head and charge forwards so I was trying to get him to lower his head and get on with what I was asking of him.


Here we started working on our canter, the idea of this exercise was to Trot the trot poles then pick up the canter as soon as we had finished the trot poles. The first time you will see that we broke out of the canter, that was my fault as I had collapsed through my body however I think that you guys will agree that as time went on we were starting to get lots better.
As you can see above we were supposed to still be doing trot poles but Gatsby decided that it would be more fun to canter over the poles it's amazing to see how much this horse can really shorten his stride up!


Above you can see some examples of Gatsby and me jumping, they aren't the best but i think you guys will all agree that Gatsby and I are coming on loads i feel so much more confident, and really happy with the work that we are doing. I am so proud of this horse and feel like we are coming on more and more every day! Our jumping isn't the best yet but we are getting better canter transitions and definitely getting a better flow to the jumps and over the jumps. 

So guys let me know what you think, and feel free to leave any constructive criticism.

OH and Merry Christmas All

Until Next Time
A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

  1. You guys look great! I have to ask... is your ring ever dry?? I would get so tired of all the mud lol. The infographic is cool. I wish I could help, but I don't know anything about looking up the stats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you we are slowly getting there. The ring is dry in summer but always ditched in winter hut that should be getting sorted this year xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti

possible broken hand x3.

hiya guys well it's been a few days and I was planning on updating you all today. Unfortunately I won't be able to go in to as much detail as I want to because I am having problems typing because it looks like for the third time I have broken my hand again!  In the exact same place, how rubbish is that? But they can't tell me because it will not show up for another two weeks on an X-ray so at the minute it's back in a splint and I've got to go back to hospital in two weeks.  Well Saturday I got to ride Gatsby again. We have been working on getting him in to an outline more consistantly but it took me seeing Fiona riding Pumpkin Pie for me to know what it was that I needed to do for Gatsby to work properly in to an outline. We got some really good work in the walk and trot (I have got pictures) and slowly we are starting to get it in the canter as well but by the time we move on to canter I tend to feel quite tired and weak on my left side. We did an exercise th

Hello strangers!

 Wow it feels like a life time ago since I updated my blog let alone since I actually started first writing this blog. So many things have changed and I’ve kept thinking about restarting this but every time I think about doing it life gets in the way and before you know it I just haven’t done it.  So where do I start, how about with the big fella himself. My midnight magic is now 8! He has a heart of gold and after a particularly rough year is definitely coming out of the other side. Magic is a jumping lover and if you let him pick I think that’s all he’d ever do. He’s spent a lot of time working on his flat work which in the long run has really helped to develop his jumping. Last year magic suffered a horrible injury, he damaged his suspensory ligament on his front left leg and on the same leg damaged the collateral ligament that goes to his coffin joint, unfortunately for him he had a pretty bleak prognosis, with only a 30% of being even field sound. With a little bit of luck, blood,